INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What we do with information collected and stored is dependent on how you access and make use of the Platform. There are various ways through which we can collect information including information you provide directly to us, those collected from third parties you granted permission to share your information, and information we passively obtain from your web browsers or mobile app. Ways You Directly Provide Information to Us There are several ways through which you may directly provide information to us while using the Platform, this may be:
- Through details provided during account registration;
- Through your participation in online polls conducted by the Platform;
- Through your electronic newsletter subscriptions;
- Through quote requests you make on the Platform;
- Through submissions you make in response to a quote;
- Through the purchases you make on the Platform;
- Through forms you fill on the Platform;
- Through your participation in online contests or sweepstakes, or promotions;
- Through your transmission of User Contents;
- Through your download or use of our mobile applications; or
- Through the contents of your communication with other users on the Platform or us.
Automatically Collected Information
Ubuy and its affiliate third-party service providers, which may include Ad networks (e.g., DoubleClick) and analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), may use electronic tracking technologies to collect information about the computers and devices used in accessing the Platform. Basically, we may use such services to access and process data left by modules, extensions, plugins and identifiers which may leave online footprints as you make use of the Platform. The information collected is used to create Platform analytics, which indicates the performance of various interests on the Platform, thereby, acting as pointers to various aspects of the platform that we may need to improve. Hence, providing better services for you. Location information/details. By making use of the Platform, we may collect general information about your location. During the installation of our mobile application, we request that you grant us permission to your device's geo-location data. By granting us access, location information collected is used to improve the relevance of the personalized services we provide for each individual, such as contents, adverts,and other location-based features. This implies that we may share your location information with affiliated third parties, such as marketing agents, sellers, and advertisers. You can deny us access to your location information, if using a mobile device, check for your device's location service and switch it off. This may imply that you will not be allowed to access parts of the platform.
Our use of electronic technologies and cookies.
HOW UBuy MAKES USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Various purposes for which we may use your information may include:
- For the purpose indicated during its provision;
- To grant you permission to access various services available on the Platform, and as well for verifying your identity;
- For the provision of customer support services;
- For documentation of all relevant records;
- For providing surveys, promotions, or organizing contests;
- For release to affiliate third party payment service providers and gateways, to process your payments and bills;
- For boosting the performance and management of the Platform;
- For investigating issues that are related to security and user safety, such as fraudulent activities;
- For sending periodicals and special offers from Ubuy;
- To contact you via call, SMS or email, concerning requests that you have made, or to inform you of new improvements and/or goods and services which may be of interest to you;
- For Ubuy's market research purposes, which may include customization of the platform to suit your interests;
- For various research and analytical concerns; and
- o enhance the peaceful resolution of disagreements, to protect ourselves, you and other users of the Platform, and as well to impose any law that governs your use of the Platform.
CONDITIONS SURROUNDING DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY UBuy
Except it is stated otherwise in this policy, information collected from you through the Platform may be shared thus:
- Affiliates/third-parties. Ubuy reserve the right to share the information you provide with its affiliates.
- Third-party Service Providers. We may disclose your information to select third parties that we engage in various services. Furthermore, while retaining new service providers, we co-sign MOUs or request for contractual assurances that bind them to make use of your information solely for helping Ubuy to provide you with products and services. Services provided may include but not limited to security checks, billing, payment, sales, user verification, data storage, market research, etc.
- Statutory Requirements. If need be, and based on our concerns and belief, we may disclose your information for various legal purposes as bound by law, in order to: (a) address or comply with court orders and subpoenas, or other legal process we receive; (b) institute or exercise our legal rights, which may include enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c) defend Ubuy against legal claims.If a law requires that we disclose your information, we may try to notify you through commercially available means unless (a) we come to an understanding that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death, or that harm or fraud could be directed to Ubuy or users; or (b) we are prohibited from providing notice by law.
- Ubuy’s business transfers. As this business continues to grow, we may sell parts of or all our assets, or buy/merge with other businesses. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of Ubuy, user information may be among the transferred assets.
- App Store Providers. Ubuy reserve the rights to provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers, such as Google Playstore, to allow you to download our mobile apps.
- Academics and Research. Ubuy may provide information about users to third parties for academic and research purposes, in an aggregated form.
CUSTOMIZED ADVERTISING AND ONLINE ANALYTICS
Online Analytics We may engage some service providers for the provision of third-party web analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers as earlier stated in "Automatically Collected Information" use certain electronic technologies, to automatically collect information and analyze the activities of users on the Platform. For example, we use Google Analytics to evaluate your use of the Platform, in order to provide customized advertising that suits your interest. If you wish to prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytical purposes, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on. Customized or Tailored Advertising We may allow third-party service providers (ad networks and ad servers) and affiliate marketing third parties (such as e-commerce websites) to place cookies and/or other tracking technologies on your computer and mobile devices, in order to collect information about your use of the Platform. They may use this information to optimize advert placements brought to you, and also, it may be used to relay to us the effects of marketing strategies which we may have used. Ubuy as an entity does not have access to the use of tracking technologies from non-affiliated ad-based third-parties, which may be placed on any device you use to access the Platform. Such parties may offer you an opt-out option from the targeted adverts. Certain information which may be obtained by cookies through the Platform may be derived from aggregated data or data you voluntarily submitted to us, which we may share with a service provider in an encrypted form. in order to have a better understanding of how targeted adverts work, how to control cookies, and/or to opt out from such services, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative's Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Opt-Out Link. You can also visit the Google Ads Settings pageto disable or personalize Display Advertising on your devices. While you may have opted out from targeted advertising, you may still receive generic adverts, as long as advertising technology is still integrated into the Platform. Please note, none of the links provided above is under our control, and we cannot be held responsible for the choices using these mechanisms, neither can we vouch for these mechanisms. Please visit the privacy settings of your mobile device, or contact your device platform operator in order to review relevant support materials and opt-out of customized in-app advertising
The coverage of our services does not extend to minors under 18 years of age. The Platform is meant for persons 18 years or older. Ubg will automatically delete any account and all the information within, once it detects attempts by any minor to sign in to the Platform.
We take all required security measures (such as end-to-end encryptions, passwords, etc.) to ensure the safety of personal information provided by users of this Platform, to avoid unauthorized access. While assuring you that we have done everything necessary to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, you should also bear in mind that no security measure is 100% foolproof. Hence, you are advised to protect your personal information, by securing your passwords and devices which you may use to access the Platform. Make use of rare and strong passwords for any platform you may register on and keep them private, sign off on any shared device you may use to access such platforms. Ubuy cannot and will not be held responsible for lost or stolen passwords, any unauthorized use of your personal information, nor for any unauthorized use of passwords on your account.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
The Platform might contain links to other websites or resources over which Ubuy does not have any control. Accommodationof such links does not mean that Ubuy endorses those websites. You acknowledge that Ubuy is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and further agree that Ubuy is not responsible for the content of such external websites or the protection and privacy of information you provide while visiting such external websites.
Certain information which you may have provided on your profile, can be changed or deleted through the preferences section in your "Dashboard." Any incorrect information which you may have provided must be promptly updated or reviewed. As par request, we may close your account and delete your profile information from the Platform. Any information retained thereafter may be to comply with regulatory laws, assist with investigations of any user, prevent fraudulent activities, settle disagreements, collect owed bills, enforce our rights or any other purpose otherwise approved by law. It is crucial to note that while an account may be removed, User Content provided by said account may not be changed or removed. By agreeing to this Policy, Ubuy will not be held responsible for retaining information related to your account, after deactivation.
EMAIL COMMUNICATION OPTIONS
You may opt-out from any email subscriptions we send to you, which does not directly relate to your account or services and quotations which you may have requested or received from us. Opt-out options will always be attached to such emails.
FURTHER CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
As at the date stated till date, this policy still remains effective. Ubuy reserve the rights to change this policy at any time. Ubuy will notify its users of any update on the policy; by posting it on the platform send, sending you a message or otherwise notifying you when you are logged into your account in advance of the new effective date. Ubuy encourages you to review this policy regularly for any changes. Ubuy considers your continued access to or use of the platform as a subject to the terms of the then-current policy.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Our computer systems are currently based in Nigeria, so any information you provide will be managed by us in Nigeria. Laws binding data protection and privacy regulations in Nigeria may differ from those experienced in other parts of the world. Hence, if you create an account with the Platform as a visitor outside Nigeria, by using the Platform, you agree to this Policy and you give consent to the transfer of all such information to Nigeria, which may not offer the same level of protection required in other countries. The consent also covers the processing of that information as described in this Policy.